In October of 2008, I decided that I wanted to become a Community Care provider (La. Medicaid’s version of an HMO). I was told to apply because this area (New Orleans) was still considered a “provider shortage area” since Hurricane KATRINA and that “free-standing” Nurse Practitioner clinic’s would have no problem getting credentialed. So, I immediately filled out the paperwork and waited for a response while I ventured off to fight other battles. Alas, December 2008 arrived and I still have not heard a word from my “new” Provider Relations department. I pick up the phone and give them a call. I am now told that, “after reviewing your application Ms./Dr. Lawson-Baker, New Orleans is no longer a shortage area. We are only allowing physicians and/or NP’s if it is deemed a ‘provider shortage’ area.” “Oh”, is my response as my face becomes as flushed as a Louisiana Creole Tomato. Ms./Dr. Lawson-Baker, you are welcome to appeal, the attendant says… At this point, I am still speechless as I say, “Don’t worry, I will tell all my Medicaid Community Care patients to find another provider.” I hang up the phone.
Three months pass, and we are now in April of 2009. I muster the strength to appeal and discover that the program is now “under new management”. This could be good, I say to myself. Real good. Hence, I begin a renewed fervor round of calls and letters to the “new management team” to figure out the hierarchy and decide who to pester, in a pleasant, but consistent manner. I am given a name and I place my first call to the leader of the team in June of 2009. I am told that I should re-submit my application and “really explain” just what my practice entails. “No problem”, I say.
After a few application “do-overs” and phone calls (of course), on October, 1st, 2009, Advanced Clinical Consultants became the first NP-owned Community Care Clinic in the City of New Orleans. We were told that 1,000 patients may be assigned to our roster. We saw our first patient today and already have 9 patients “assigned” to the clinic. I still have my Armour on…HUMANA is still in view. I got to get that directory insanity fixed now. Stay Tuned…
The Housecall Course
- Treva Mitchell: The Housecall Course (The Housecall Course) July 21, 2018 at 08:00 – 16:00 848 N. Carrollton Ave New Orleans, La. 70199 July 21, 2018 9:00am CDT Calendar: The Housecall Course Client's time zone: America/Chicago (appointment is July 21, 2018 9:00am CDT)nName: Treva Mitchell Phone: (281) 796-2595 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: $699.00 Paid Online: $699.00 Location ============ 848 N. Carrollton Ave New Orleans, La. 70199 Cancellation Policy ============ I have read and agree to the terms above: yes…
- The Housecall Course July 21, 2018 at 08:00 – 15:30 848 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
- The Housecall Course August 18, 2018 at 08:00 – 16:30 848 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
- The Housecall Course September 15, 2018 at 08:00 – 16:30 848 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
- The Housecall Course October 20, 2018 at 08:00 – 16:30 848 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
- The Housecall Course November 10, 2018 at 09:00 – 17:30 848 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
- The Housecall Course December 8, 2018 at 09:00 – 17:30 848 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
- African-American Author Children's Book Author Children's Literature Dr. Baker Dr.BakerNP Dr. Margaret Fitzgerald Dr. Scharmaine Baker Dr.Scharmaine Lawson-Baker Dr. Scharmaine Lawson-Baker NP Fellow American Academy of Nursing FHEA Frontier Nursing School Frontier University Healthcare High School students Home Home Care Home Care Dr. Home Care Medicine HomeCareNP Home Health Home Health New Orleans Home Health NP Housecall NP Housecall Residency Housecalls In-Home Doctor In Home Doctor New In Home Doctor New Orleans Keynote Speaker Mary Breckinridge Medical Home Visits Medical Housecalls New Orleans New Orleans Home Health New Orleans Housecall NP New Orleans Housecalls New Orleans NP New Orleans Nurse Practitioner Housecalls NOLA THE NURSE NP NP Housecalls NP Week 2012 Nurse Practitioner Nurse Practitioners Photo shoot Scharmaine Lawson-Baker The Nurse Practitioner Show Podcast United States WBOK
- 38,439 hits
Marie Neba on A Day in The Life of a Houseca… Marie Neba on A Day in The Life of a Houseca… Marie Neba on A Day in The Life of a Houseca… Marc Mawhinney on Coveted New and Noteworthy pos… sherronda mason on The Nurse Practitioner Show…
NP Housecall Practice
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.